UK Tax Manager
Career Growth, Flexibility and Collaboration!
Entrust is dedicated to securing a world in motion by enabling trusted identities, payments, and data protection around the globe. Headquartered in Minnesota, we offer our colleagues the ability to work globally, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Our team makes an impact!!
The Company: Entrust relies on curious, dedicated and innovative individuals whom anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust’s technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers.
We Believe: Securing identities is most effective when we value all identities. We are committed to ensuring that, through diversity and inclusion, the many voices that make up our communities are heard. From unconscious bias training for managers to global affinity groups that create connections both within and across our enterprise, Entrust expects and encourages all individuals to accept and respect one another. And, of course, to be themselves.
The UK Tax Manager will serve as a key member of the Entrust tax team as the first point of contact for UK direct and indirect tax matters. The UK Tax Group with main offices in Reading an Cambridge, comprises 20 legal entities and files a consolidated statutory report. The UK Tax Manager will oversee the accounting for income tax for the UK statutory report and will coordinate with the US tax team in the global US GAAP tax provision. In addition, the UK Tax Manager will implement business initiatives aligned with Entrust’s financial and strategic goals. The individual will report to the Vice President of Tax in the U.S. Dotted line reporting to Reading-based Senior Manager for Financial Reporting.
- Provide support to UK-based accounting, finance, sales, accounts receivable and regional management teams.
- Oversee UK VAT issues, including compliance and planning. Co-ordinate with regional controllers in EU on local VAT issues.
- Oversee UK income tax compliance, coordinating with external advisors on specialty areas such as RDEC, Patent Box and international tax matters.
- Prepare UK tax provision for statutory audit of UK Group. Preparation of FRS 102 tax computations and disclosures of separate entities and UK consolidated group reporting.
- Assist in US consolidated tax provision under US GAAP, reconciling UK and US GAAP.
- First point of contact for tax matters arising in the EMEA, including withholding tax and VAT.
- Minimum 5+ years of tax experience in UK corporation tax and VAT compliance, preferably in an accounting firm or complex multinational group
- Knowledge of UK and US GAAP Accounting for Tax
- CTA Qualified
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, indirect tax software packages, and Oracle.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization
- Ability to establish priorities of work assignments