We are currently looking for a Manager in the R&D Tax department. This role can be based out of our Solent/ Farnborough/ London or Woking office.
This role could be a good opportunity for an experienced Assistant Manager as well as a Manager who is looking for progression.
This is a leading role within the Firm’s rapidly expanding Innovation and R&D team focused on assisting innovative clients with their tax affairs, including the preparation and submission of R&D and Patent Box claims together with provision of advice around all aspects of the innovation lifecycle.
The role includes the provision of proactive advice and commercially appropriate tax planning, developing new business opportunities and contributing to the management and development of the Innovation and R&D team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identification of potential R&D claims and associated discussions with clients and prospects
- Preparation and review of R&D reports for submission to HMRC
- Deliver corporate tax client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues in relation to innovation incentives and tax planning for innovative companies
- Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities
- Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, and developing referrer base
- Coach and train junior staff and trainees in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills
- Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
- CTA or ACA qualified, or currently studying towards CTA
- High level of R&D technical expertise and commercial application
- Experience of preparing and submitting R&D claims is essential
- Practical experience in R&D tax planning
- Previous experience of Patent Box claims is desirable
- Self-starter capable of motivating, driving and developing the team
- Excellent client care
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent inter-personal skills in dealing with clients in person and report writing
- Ability to explain and simplify highly technical point for clients to understand
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain. Please be aware that we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL. Please do not contact individual hiring managers.