In-House Senior Insurance Tax Manager
In-House Senior Corporate Tax Manager, Insurance
Edinburgh/Glasgow, Midlands or London - hybrid office/remote working pattern
A leading insurance business is looking to increase their tax team presence across the UK and have identified the need for an In-House Senior Corporate Tax Manager.
Reporting into the divisional Tax Director and managing a team of Tax Managers & Analysts, this opportunity will have responsibility for delivery of corporate tax compliance and advisory services to the business, focusing on the life assurance companies. This will include the production of corporate tax returns for these entities, management of relationships with tax authorities and provision of high-quality tax advice on transactions and projects involving the life companies.
Life company projects will include Part VII transfers, reinsurance, taxation of with-profits and unit-linked business and offer an opportunity to work across functions to ensure customers achieve the best possible outcomes, deliver value to shareholders and ensure risks are managed appropriately.
Key responsibilities will include:
Compliance (approx. 2/3)
- Responsibility for production of complete, accurate and timely UK tax returns for the life assurance entities and management of HMRC enquiries and correspondence for these entities.
- Managing a team of Tax Managers and Analysts to ensure objectives are met on time and at the required standard.
- Supervision and sign-off on the work of Tax Managers to ensure tax compliance is complete and accurate.
Advisory (approx. 1/3)
- Working in partnership with business senior management team to provide technical guidance and recommend commercially viable interventions.
- Lead corporate tax specific projects or elements of large-scale projects e.g. business restructures, new customer propositions and act as tax SME on complex or high profile corporate projects, liaising with other tax SMEs in the team on specialist non-CT areas.
- Building trusted relationships with both business and external suppliers and applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure tax advice is pragmatic and aligned with the business needs.
- Constantly working to tight timescales, balancing conflicting demands, whilst maintaining professional standards.
The successful candidate
- ACA/CTA qualification with demonstrable post-qualified experience, either in-house or within the professional services
- Accustomed to operating at experienced Tax Manager/Senior Manager level
- Insurance taxation specialism is essential; likely considered a specialist within UK life insurance corporate taxation
- The right to work permanently within the UK is essential
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.