Part-time Head of Tax - London
Head of Tax In-house – Part-time
London To £200,000 full time equivalent
A really unusual opportunity for an experienced Head of Tax to work in a 3 day a week role. This large international consulting business seeks a corporate tax professional with experience of managing and developing tax teams. Day to day this role will involve:
- The direct management of the Group’s tax affairs across direct and indirect taxes, working with the businesses and external advisors to ensure compliance with tax legislation and develop and implement planning opportunities to maximise the Group’s tax position.
- The role has one direct report a Tax Manager and will be based in Central London.
- Establish a clear Tax policy aligned to the Group’s overall vision and monitor and review the tax policies and ensure procedures/ controls are kept up to date.
- Oversee the Group’s tax reporting process and manage the tax profile of the Group and manage relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors in the UK and in overseas territories to ensure compliance with local tax regimes.
- Work closely with the business on transfer pricing projects and advise on the opening of new offices and projects in new overseas locations.
- Work with other teams in the business such as legal on transaction support or HR on IR35, expatriate tax issues and employment tax advice.
- Generally, educate the business on tax matters.
- Develop the tax function.
This role would be perfect for someone looking for a really interesting mix of UK and international tax work but on a 3 day week basis. Could be worked 2 days remote one from the office. Would suit someone who has experience of professional services firms and large global groups. Great salary and benefits package and an attractive base.