Media Tax Assistant Manager (happy to talk flexible working)
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our London Corporate Tax team is looking for an Assistant Manager to support our Media and Entertainment sector clients. We’re happy to consider flexible working arrangements, be it location or minimum contracted hours. Ideally your experience will include an understanding, and where possible practical application, of the suite of Creative Industry Tax Reliefs and you will have excellent client-facing skills. You will join our growing team and facilitate the continued growth of the corporate and international tax practice in London with a particular focus on our UK and international Media and Entertainment clients. You will seek out opportunities to develop and grow the portfolio of sector clients, establish strong relationships with clients and provide first class service.
The role of Assistant Manager demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge and good interpersonal skills to be able to proactively assist clients in responding to a rapidly changing sector and can manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Tax Assistant Manager role.
- You’ll be managing a portfolio of clients consisting of owner-managed businesses, private equity backed and large, listed and multinational groups, supporting them on their corporation tax affairs. In addition to the annual corporation tax work and specialist CITR claims, you will also have the opportunity to work on tax advisory projects including project financing and transactions / M&A tax and group reorganisations. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in business development across the Media and Entertainment sector.
- Your home team will be within the London Corporate Tax team (a team of 70 people) where you will support Partners, Directors, Associate Directors and Managers in advising clients in the Media sector. There will be opportunity to delegate work and be responsible for training and developing junior members of the team.
- You’ll be a key part of delivering corporate tax compliance and tax advisory services for our clients. You will manage your own portfolio of clients, liaising with other Tax where necessary – becoming the main point of contact for clients in your portfolio.
- You will be responsible for organising the delivery of tax work and problem solving on a daily basis. By becoming the key point of contact for your clients, you will have the opportunity to build your internal and external network – giving you the opportunity to build your communication skills and collaborate with others. You will be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Tax Assistant Manager, it would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- You’ll be a qualified chartered accountant or tax advisor (or both) (ACA, CA, CTA or equivalent).
- You’ll have experience working in a corporate / international tax team, in practice or in industry.
- Strong, up to date, knowledge of UK corporation tax legislation
- Experience in supervising staff in a tax environment
- Evidence of managing corporation tax compliance portfolios
- Excellent communication skills
- Be flexible in order to juggle client commitments and meet deadlines
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.