Professional Support Lawyer - Tax
PSL – Tax
We could consider full and part time
Our LexisPSL team is looking for a tax lawyer to join its well-established team whose primary function is drafting and maintaining legal practical guidance, know-how materials, precedents, news and industry guidance for the Tax legal sector. The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with significant practical experience dealing with tax work in the commercial sphere.
Who we are:
LexisNexis, a division of the global company RELX Group (FTSE 50), is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider. We are changing the way the world shares information through a unique combination of authoritative content, powerful on-line research and advanced productivity tools. We have moved beyond supplying text information to delivering vibrant solutions which transform organisations.
What is LexisPSL:
LexisPSL is an online product that provides all the information lawyers need to practice effectively. It helps busy practitioners conduct legal research, keep up with what's happening in their practice area or track down a precedent with comprehensive drafting notes. The guidance materials are underpinned by authoritative commentary from market-leading brands like Tolley’s, Simon’s and De Voil. It is written by our in-house team of lawyers alongside contributors from the top 100 law firms.
Why pursue this role?
This role represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to change the focus of their legal career and to be involved in the development of market-leading products. This role would suit someone who is passionate about the law, enjoys writing and is confident meeting with clients. Alongside the technical aspects of the role, there are also many opportunities to gain commercial experience with exposure to other areas of the LexisNexis business including Editorial, Product Development, Sales and Marketing.
This is a unique and diverse role which represents an alternative to conventional in-house or private practice roles.
What the role involves:
The emphasis of the role is on delivering and maintaining legal practical guidance (eg practice notes, precedents, checklists etc) and current awareness. The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a lawyer.
- Delivering core content (ie legal practical guidance materials including practice notes, precedents, checklists etc) for Tax legal practitioners and maintaining existing core content to a high standard technically and editorially
- Ensuring that all personal milestones for content delivery are met
- Contributing to the LexisPSL Tax current awareness service by selecting appropriate developments and cases to report on and delivering updates and analysis targeted towards Tax practitioners
- Meeting with legal practitioners to procure feedback on the LexisPSL Tax service and to keep up-to-date and informed about the needs of the market
- Collaborating with the wider LexisPSL team to support best practice development and sharing of expertise to identify potential business/product opportunities
- Responding to product development needs to ensure the product meets customer requirements
- Supporting the sales and marketing function for delivery of LexisPSL to market
Skills and experience needed:
UK-qualified lawyer (minimum 4 years’ PQE)
Areas of relevant tax experience could include:
- tax on corporate and financing transactions
- tax on partnerships
- intangibles, R&D and patent box
- incentivised investment, ie EIS, SEIS and VCT
- real estate transactions
- tax litigation or disputes
- international tax issues, eg transfer pricing, cross-border transactions
- environmental taxes
Areas of relevant professional skills should include:
- Evidence that continuing professional development is pursued
- Comprehensive current knowledge of tax work
- Real understanding of the legal community and market
- Extensive client delivery experience
- Evidence of being able to deliver to tight and demanding timescales on multiple projects
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Clear succinct writing style; ability to adapt to LexisNexis house style
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Concern for high standards
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Confident independent worker
- Team player