Anti-Money Laundering Officer - Remote Working UK
Working in tax but looking for something a little different? Do you have a good understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML)? This remote worked based role is with a Professional Institution it will involve travel. They seek someone with experience of professional services firms (ideally a background in tax). This role involves:
Substantially contributing to the AML visit programme
o Identifying firms to be visited
o Undertaking at least 50 AML visits per year subject to regular review depending on organisational and OPBAS requirements
o Ensuring visits are planned, properly coordinated and follow up is dealt with within set timescales
o Maintaining records of visits undertaken on SharePoint
o Bringing members into compliance
• Taking a share alongside other team members of dealing with AML queries received from members and other AML supervisors.
• Making regular updates to AML documentation, the AML handbook and the AML scheme rules
• Updating AML guidance including preparing and updating the website material, newsletters, FAQs etc
• Taking a share alongside other team members in drafting the annual HMT report and assisting the Head of Professional Standards with AML and Financial Crime supervisory responses
• Representing the body at Accountancy Anti-Money Laundering Supervisors’ Group (AASG) and Anti-Money
Laundering Supervisors Forum (AMLSF) and similar forums as required
• Risk reviewing AML high risk firms
• Assisting in dealing with member queries about AML renewals and new registrations and processing new registrations
• Assisting with the follow up on non-compliant answers on AML registrations and renewals
• Following up members identified as requiring AML supervision from the review of the Annual Membership return
• Taking a share alongside other team members in attending Conferences and talks. This
includes preparing presentations and handouts and delivering talks.
• Writing articles.
• Dealing with other ad-hoc matters as required
The role requires occasional visits to the Head Office, and travel within the UK to complete AML visits. Expenses are paid for visits and there is a good benefits package. Ideally you will have a relevant professional qualification e.g. ATT, CTA, ICAS, ACA or ACCA. You will need to be an organised individual who enjoys keeping records and who would enjoy going to different professional firms to do site visits.