Corporate Tax Advisory Consultant STAVERTON, CHELTENHAM Permanent full-time role with early finish on a Friday. No timesheets!
This firm stands as a reputable, award-winning company specialising in accounting, tax, and business advisory services. We are currently seeking an experienced corporate tax professional to join the growing team. Located in Cheltenham, the team offer a comprehensive suite of services to businesses and high-net-worth individuals, both domestically and internationally.
To excel in this position, you should possess exceptional interpersonal abilities and a strong affinity for working with people. Organisation, confidence, a track record of meeting deadlines, and a diligent work ethic are essential qualities. Furthermore, a solid track record of experience in a professional practice setting is required, along with a thorough knowledge of current tax legislation and guidance.
If this description resonates with your qualifications and attributes, you might be the perfect fit for this welcoming and flourishing accountancy practice.
The company combines specialist tax, strategic business advice and funding knowledge with traditional accountancy services. The team comprises professionals with backgrounds in tax, accountancy, and law. They primarily work with owner-managed companies, and services span various aspects, including support for startups, guidance on shareholder and employee schemes, fostering business growth, providing ongoing support, assisting with pre-exit planning, and offering exit support.
In this role, which involves assisting the directors, your responsibilities will encompass engaging with clients, , providing compliance and advisory services, including overseeing project management, and facilitating communication with HM Revenue and Customs legal advisors regarding tax-related matters.
The position encompasses a diverse range of advisory tasks, which include, but are not limited to:
- Business restructuring;
- Management buyouts (MBOs);
- Business sales;
- Business acquisitions;
- Employee incentive schemes;
- Venture capital schemes;
- Research and development (R&D) projects;
- Estate planning;
- Tax disclosures & enquiries;
- Compliance support.
This role presents a wide array of challenging advisory prospects, making it an excellent fit for individuals aspiring to enhance their technical expertise and advance in their tax careers. The position will encompass a mix of hands-on client work preparation, review of junior and peer files using our Digita/Onvio and Xero software packages.
In summary, this opportunity offers a departure from the conventional confines of a large accountancy firm. It holds significant importance for the Directors, with substantial potential for future growth and development.
Ideally, candidates should have a preference for working with owner-managed business (OMB) clients, a desire for direct client engagement, and a commitment to delivering a comprehensive, value-added service to clients.
We welcome applications from ambitious and qualified tax professionals with diverse backgrounds who are eager to collaborate within a dynamic team, offering abundant opportunities for progression and personal growth.
Furthermore, the selected individual will be expected to:
- Prepare reports that effectively communicate tax-related information to clients in a clear and concise manner;
- Play a role in business development efforts, contributing to the acquisition of new clients for the firm;
- Establish and nurture strong client relationships, aiming to provide an exceptional level of service;
- Execute assigned tasks within agreed-upon timeframes and budgets;
- Stay current with developments in tax legislation and HMRC guidance, identifying clients affected by any alterations;
- Generate technical briefings and marketing materials as needed;
- Be prepared for travel across the UK to meet with clients.
We are seeking an individual who possesses the following qualities:
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Exceptional written skills, including experience in report writing;
- Proficiency in oral communication;
- Competent IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel;
- Robust analytical abilities;
- Dedication, enthusiasm, flexibility, and a strong desire to learn;
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work extended hours to meet deadlines;
- Capability to work autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Possession of a valid driver's license is essential.
- The workload is evenly distributed between compliance services and advisory work, encompassing transactional and funding projects. We provide a competitive salary package inclusive of 25 days of annual leave. Additionally, we cover all expenses related to professional memberships and continuing professional development (CPD). You can expect excellent exposure to a diverse client base, accompanied by opportunities for career advancement.
You will find a high emphasis on work-life balance. This is reflected in the policy of early Friday afternoon closures, a relaxed dress code, and social events throughout the year.
In return for your commitment, we are pleased to provide you with:
- Exposure to a diverse range of tasks and clients, ensuring each day is unique;
- The perk of early Friday finishes;
- Access to a contributory pension scheme;
- Twenty-five days of paid holiday, in addition to bank holidays;
- Convenient onsite parking facilities;
- The benefit of a Christmas office closure;
- Engagement in various staff events;
- A competitive salary, commensurate with your level of experience.
Do not delay in getting in touch.