Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Private Capital corporate tax team specialises in looking after exciting entrepreneurial businesses - we focus on the tax affairs of privately owned and private equity backed companies. These are exciting businesses to work with, they are dynamic, entrepreneurial and often fast growing and they need us to help them navigate their increasingly complex tax compliance obligations and support with a range of tax advisory projects as they grow, restructure and consider succession planning.
Our approach is to work hard to build a strong trusted adviser relationship - we listen to what they want to achieve from a business and a personal perspective and help them do so in the most tax efficient way.
We are part of a much wider national tax practice that also consists of corporate and multinational (who deal with groups with significant multi-national footprint and inhouse tax functions) and our specialist services (innovation tax, employment taxes, VAT and real estate). We are able to draw on this specialist expertise to support our Private Capital clients as they grow.
A look into the role
As a member of our Private Capital corporate tax team you will have the opportunity to work with a varied client base, from owner-managed business to private equity backed businesses.
As an Assistant Manager within our Private Capital corporate tax team, you will:
- support and learn to lead client relationships and, together with the senior team, deliver solutions on stand alone advisory projects.
- deliver a smooth compliance process for key clients while developing your advisory skills.
- be an integral part of the private capital tax team but will build your wider network by working with other specialists across Grant Thornton
- start to support the management team with business development activities, gaining insight and confidence in order to progress your career.
- Great relationships built on trust underpin our work. In addition to lots of client interaction you will also be a role model for junior members of the team, supporting and championing their development and being involved in our coaching and upskilling efforts.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (CTA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and to be confident in managing client projects in a corporate tax setting.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way:
- You’ll possess strong knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation and a working knowledge of international concepts
- You’ll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- An eagerness to develop deep knowledge of the firm’s services and capabilities
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential. All gender identities and sexual orientations are welcome to apply for any position within Grant Thornton and our flexible, non-gender specific dress code encourages everyone to dress for their diary.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.