About Armstrong Watson LLP
We are a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 35 firms of accountants and business advisers. We’ve been supporting, advising and protecting clients across the North of England and Scotland for over 155 years, providing a full range of specialist services and financial advice.
With approximately 600 colleagues situated across 19 offices, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact we have, not only our clients, but also our colleagues, and the communities in which we operate. Our success is dependent on every colleague embracing all four of our core values: Honesty, Humanity, Trust and Passion.
Our tax practice is growing rapidly and we have a fantastic opportunity for a Tax Director or Partner to join our team.
This role will involve working alongside the existing team on a variety of projects who aspire to provide the best service to our clients.
The overall purpose of this role is to:
- Meet, engage, understand, devise and deliver bespoke Tax advice and solutions to clients. Delivering against agreed KPIs, individual and team fee targets
- Play a leading role in servicing our existing client base and also growing our Tax advisory offering in Leeds
- Offer strategic input into the Tax Consultancy Service Line
The main elements of this role will include:
- Tax Relationship Partner for a portfolio of existing clients
- Delivery and prioritising of all relevant client work ensuring effective workflow for your team
- Overseeing and ensuring establishment of scope and budget for each piece of work and ensure adequate briefing to team members where appropriate
- Ensuring full agreement of client work to be undertaken and communicate and agree likely fees prior to commencement to maximise fee recovery
- Monitoring work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on each piece of work
- Ensuring preparation of bills for work done within service line and ensure timely sending to client
- Ensuring closure discussion held with clients and seek referrals
- Working within scope of own expertise and engage support where appropriate
- Ensuring full implementation of all client work in line with agreed budget and adhering to Armstrong Watson’s procedures
- Ensuring adequate contact availability for clients, Armstrong Watson personnel and external organisations with self and team members as appropriate
- Being able to meet with clients at any Armstrong Watson office or the clients home or business premises as appropriate
- Adhering to the Tax Consultancy Service Standards and Risk procedures
- Providing appropriate client access and support to other Armstrong Watson service lines in the cross selling of services into own client portfolio
- Undertaking individual business development as appropriate to ensure delivery of individual and team fee target
- Helping lead the overall office business development activity to win new clients to the firm
In order to fulfil the role we expect a candidate to be:
- CTA qualified or equivalent qualification
- Seen as a thought leader in their area to external marketplace
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- Salary Sacrifice Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover (4x salary) and Income Protection
- Competitive Annual Leave entitlement up to 26 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Smart Working Policy, giving you the ability to balance home and remote working
- Health Shield Cash Plan (cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on holidays, fashion and entertainment)
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 confidential support for wellbeing and health)
- Paid flu jabs and eye tests
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) enabling you to claim up to £2,500 for each referral
- Ongoing access to online training courses and materials
- Paid professional membership fees
- Charity of the Month
- Colleague of the Month
- Subsidised social events throughout the year
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.