As an expanding business with 19 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 35 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 600 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Corporate Tax Manager to join our Tax Consultancy team based at our office in Leeds city centre.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out technical reviews of Corporate Tax computations on a varied portfolio of clients, and provide support to help the firm implement proactive tax planning advice for our clients.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Being responsible for the technical review of more complex corporate tax computations prepared by junior colleagues and reviewing their work
- Providing training and mentoring for Tax Assistants, Tax Seniors and Tax Assistant Managers
- Monitoring WIP, recoveries and billing for the corporate tax compliance portfolio
- Monitoring work progress and ensuring appropriate levels of communication with all clients, subjects and internal stakeholders on progress for each piece of client work
- Assisting in the delivery of proactive tax planning advice for clients
In order to fulfil the role, we expect a candidate to be:
- Focused and have a driven attitude to grow the service line
- Technically strong and have previous experience working in a similar role
- Commercial and be able to communicate effectively with clients and prospects
- Approachable and able to manage / help others in the team achieve success
- Able to achieve and have track record of business development success
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,500
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us... we’re with you.