Application Support Team Lead | London | Permanent | Attractive Salary
Your new company
Our client, a leading investor in private equity, infrastructure, real assets and debt. With a global office network, this organisation boasts almost 40 years in the market, they have seen significant growth within the last 5 years and whilst continuing on that trajectory, they are looking to onboard an Application Support Team Leader. This is an exciting time to join this organisation who are currently using some of the best technology in the market.
Your new role
Through organic growth, this newly created position requires a hands-on and proactive individual with a technical skillset and displays team leadership qualities. You will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the 2nd line Application Support team.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensure the ticket queue for the Application Support team is managed and prioritised effectively, with incident and service requests being resolved within the SLA's defined.
- Act as an escalation point for the team when required, providing guidance on how to troubleshoot and resolve incidents effectively.
- Host daily stand-ups with the team to ensure progress is being made against important issues, but also to enable the team to voice short-term challenges that need to be addressed.
- Act as a business partner with the rest of the technology teams, such as End User Support, Cloud & SecOps, DevOps, DataOps and Development.
- Problem solving issues and implement a resolution or workaround.
- Manage the flow of incoming issues and escalate and cooperate with other resolver teams as necessary.
- Work with the Development & Data teams to articulate problems that require a resolution to company code or customised procedures.
- Communicate environment impacts, perform effective follow-up and communication of incidents and resolution progress to business users as they occur.
- Represent the Application Support team in cross-departmental meetings and decision-making activities pertaining to your specialist skills such as Change Advisory Board meetings.
- Take part in vendor relationship meetings in support of the Applications Support team.
- Act as Major Incident Manager where and when required ensuring major incidents are managed effectively and co-ordinating both internal teams and external vendors to resolve often highly technical, high profile and/or contentious issues.
What you'll need to succeed:
- You will have proven hands on experience in leading teams, managing day to day activities and acting as the escalation point.
- You will possess a minimum of 8 years working in a level 2 or 3 application support space.
- ITSM service awareness, preferably IT Infrastructure library (ITIL) certification.
- A change advocate with a positive can-do attitude who can self-motivate.
- Strong communication skills, active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills, adjusting workloads to rapidly changing priorities.
- It would be highly desirable - but not essential to have experience within the following:
- Dynamics 365 CRM & Dynamics 2016
- SharePoint Administration
- SQL database & Scripting
- Powershell Scripting
What you'll get in return
You will be compensated with a competitive salary as well as an opportunity to be entitled to a discretionary bonus and generous pension scheme + many other benefits.
Training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
Benefits which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email direct or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.