Mission/core purpose of the job
- Responsibility for all aspects of tax reporting, including statutory group financial statements (year-end and interim)
- Assist with tax projects across the Group’s holding and operating companies
- Lead technology and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information is provided to the Finance team
- Reporting to Group Tax & Treasury Manager
Key Job Responsibilities
Tax reporting and accounting
- Responsible for ensuring that tax accounting for the consolidated Group, including all tax disclosures for current tax and deferred tax, are prepared in line with applicable IFRS standards.
- Co-ordinate tax input to the Financial Statements, including preparation of IAS12 disclosure, analysis of provisions/contingencies, and managing the collation of tax data for auditors.
- Manage response to tax audits and enquiries, including engagement with tax authorities.
- Assist with tax disclosures e.g. tax strategy, CFC, transfer pricing, including liaising with external advisers.
- Calculation/review of draft tax returns, payments and calculations at Group level and African OpCos with external advisers.
- Review and develop new procedures to optimise reporting of tax matters.
- Undertake tax due diligence for expansion opportunities, co-ordinating Q&A processes and reporting findings to senior colleagues.
- Review of tax items in financial modelling and critical analysis of tax structuring opportunities.
- Manage the implementation of the tax function in new operating markets.
- Financial acumen
- Auditing and reporting
- MS Packages
- Tax Compliance
- Tax Management
- Financial Systems
- Research orientation
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Results orientated
- Planning and organising
- Complex problem solving
- Culture and change champion
Job Specifications/Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Educated to degree level and post-degree qualification (per Training Certifications section)
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a Taxation/Finance role desirable with at least 1-2 years as post qualified accountant/tax advisor
- Track record of exposure to tax technical projects, tax accounting and reporting under IFRS standards and international tax matters.
- Tax experience in a top tier/Big 4 accountancy firm or within the Tax/Finance function of listed company.
- Broad working knowledge across corporate income tax, VAT, transfer pricing and withholding tax risks.
- M&A deals tax experience would be ideal but not a requirement, coaching provided.
- Ability to communicate tax issues in a commercial fashion to internal stakeholders e.g. legal, commercial and finance teams.