Lovely newly qualified role with global Financial Services business. Tax compliance & accounting focus.
Your new company
Global financial services business and a leader in their specialism. This role will sit in a Group Tax function of 8 people.
Your new role
The role will involve working as part of the Tax team and the wider Finance team in London whilst interacting closely with the Legal, Investment Structuring, Operations and Investor Relations teams. As the Tax team has a wide scope covering several jurisdictions and types of taxes, use is made of external advisors to leverage their resources and experience.
The core responsibilities are:
- To manage corporate group and funds tax compliance;
- To manage relationships with external tax compliance service providers; and
- To be able to provide support on tax issues and communicate effectively to key stakeholders with proposed practical solutions to manage any tax risk / exposure.
Key day to day duties include:
- Management of non-US global tax return filings and payment obligations (including corporate tax, partnership tax, VAT, Country by Country Reporting, and other local tax returns) for the corporate group - relevant jurisdictions include UK, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, South Korea, Japan, Guernsey, and Cayman Islands.
- Management of non-US global tax compliance reporting and payment obligations (including corporate tax, partnership tax, VAT, FATCA, CRS) and investor tax reporting obligations for the funds - relevant jurisdictions include UK, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Guernsey, Cayman Islands, Denmark, and US.
- Prepare group tax consolidation calculations on a quarterly basis to Finance - relevant jurisdictions include US, UK, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, South Korea, Japan, and Ireland.
- Prepare tax provisions for inclusion in audited financial statements for corporate group entities, addressing and resolving any tax-related queries from auditors.
- Support on funds closing process from a tax perspective, including reviewing and validating FATCA and CRS documentation obtained from investors.
- Assist with withholding tax exemption / relief claim for investments and liaising with Investor Relations team, external tax advisors, and external general partners as necessary.
- Maintain and update Group transfer pricing policy (Master File and Local Files).
- Support the Tax Manager and tax team with any other BAU matters and tax projects as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Formal education up to Bachelor's degree is required
- A professional accounting and/or tax qualification (e.g. ACA or CTA with exposure to UK corporate, partnership, and personal tax) with a minimum of 1-2 years PQE required
- International tax experience is useful but not mandatory
- Strong financial accounting and corporate accounting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage workload, and work to tight deadlines/under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to project manage
- Ability to work quickly and accurately u Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office including advanced Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent team player
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.