Assistant Tax Manager - In-House
£50,000 - £60,000 plus bonus and benefits
This life sciences company was booming pre-Covid and now it's seen an astronomical spike in work.
They are looking for a highly committed and personable Assistant Tax Manager to support the Group Tax Manager on managing tax compliance in the UK and overseas, managing group tax strategies including transfer pricing and financing arrangements and identifying further opportunities to optimise group tax arrangements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Responsibility for UK tax compliance (corporation tax, VAT and PSA returns), liaising with external providers as appropriate and managing correspondence/interaction with HMRC
- Oversight of non-UK tax compliance programme and liaison with Global tax advisers
- Assist in full implementation of evolving transfer pricing arrangements across the Group working with cross divisional/cross functional teams
- Maintenance of transfer pricing arrangement on ongoing basis
- Assist in identifying further opportunities to optimise transfer pricing arrangements across the Group
Intellectual Property and Research & Development
- Assist in developing a programme to optimise R&D tax credit opportunities for the Group in the UK
- Assist in developing a programme to optimise patent box opportunities for the Group in the UK
- Assist in identifying strategy for IP management from a tax standpoint
Treasury and financing
- Management of intercompany financing agreements
- Maintenance of financing related tax schedules including corporate interest deduction
- Assist in the identification of other opportunities to optimise Group financing structure to reflect commercial funding arrangements of the Group
- The first point of contact around the group for wider tax questions including VAT, PAYE
- ATT, ACCA or CTA qualified
- Proven history of UK CT compliance
- Experienced tax professional
- Used to operating in an international business
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent communicator who is able to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to develop and build successful internal and external relationships
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and levels of complexity
- High level of attention to detail, technical and analytical skills
Essential competencies and behaviours:
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- Does not compromise standards; second-best is not good enough
- Culturally sensitive
- Drives for improvement
Please send your CV to either Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Would you like £500 in high street vouchers?
Well, if you know any tax, legal, finance, HR or marketing candidates looking to move jobs please refer them to us and if we successfully find them a new job in the next 12 months we will send you £500 in high street vouchers of your choice.
As well as this we are looking to grow the Pro-Recruitment Group family and would be interested in any amazing Recruitment Consultants you think might like to work for us. £500 on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.