Qubic is a national group of tax and estate specialists, with offices in London (the Gherkin) and the North (Newcastle), which provide tax and estate planning advice to a range of owner managed business clients across the UK. For over 12 years we have employed the services of a range of experts including accountants, solicitors, tax advisers, and ex-HMRC Tax Inspectors. Our staff are recognised by a number of professional bodies as a result, and we are accredited with the Investors in People Gold Award.
The Group includes various entities with a wealth of expertise, experience and knowledge within the wider business environment, as well as through our affiliated companies, which enables us to advise clients on a wide range of tax and estate matters.
Our niche focus, which is Director led, has allowed us to build a client base which includes many owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, family businesses, listed companies and LLPs. We advise clients in all sectors, and our aim is to work closely with clients to achieve the most tax efficient outcomes for their particular requirements.
Our Group does not provide compliance, audit or general accountancy work which allows us to partner with existing advisors, particularly on transactional based assignments. Our focus is on specialised tax advice and structuring, tax investigation & dispute resolution, with an array of trustee services.
We have long standing relationships across the UK with accountancy/tax firms, law firms and financial advisers, with a focus on exceptional client service and delivery.
We are recruiting an Associate Director in our London office in 30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin) who will work as part of a larger tax advisory team and be responsible for the delivery of bespoke tax solutions to a wide portfolio of clients. The successful candidate will also be involved in business development for the firm, working to identify opportunities and to develop and maintain professional relationships with a range of clients and their advisers across the UK.
Introduction to the Role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of technical support to both our Tax Associate and Business Development teams. This role plays a vital part in both the delivery of client advice and the maintenance and development of client and adviser relationships.
As such, this role will include:
- Maintaining and being responsible for your own portfolio of clients in respect of which the firm is engaged to provide tax advisory assistance and as part of the wider tax advisory team
- Working closely with Directors and the broader tax advisory team to deliver the diverse and innovative range of tax solutions that we can offer to clients and their advisers
- Developing and growing professional relationships with both clients and advisers across the UK through effective and efficient account management
- Ongoing management of client and adviser queries from a technical, practical and commercial perspective
Whilst any successful candidate will undertake a detailed and comprehensive internal training programme to ensure they are fully understanding of any tax advisory work being carried out by the firm, it is anticipated that the successful individual will have strong technical knowledge of a number of tax services and solutions which may include:
- Assisting clients in planning, implementing and completing corporate restructure exercises of varying sizes
- Advising a range of clients and professional advisers in relation to profits and capital
- Advising on opportunities in relation to Trusts
- Advising clients in relation to queries around IHT, Trusts, Estate Planning and Protection of Assets
- Knowledge of relevant areas including ITEPA 2003, Corporation Tax Acts and Employment-related Securities & Transactions in Securities legislation, particularly to SME’s,
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be seeking an opportunity in which they can build upon existing experience gained in a recent tax or accountancy role and should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to influence key decision makers within organisations
- A strong personal drive and desire to succeed, working both autonomously and as part of a wider team
- The ability to understand and confidently relay complex technical concepts