Capital Allowances Tax Manager - Big 4 - London
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join a specialist Capital Allowances team in London.
This team is a successful and growing one thanks to a large and varied client base ranging from multinational listed businesses to start ups, covering various sectors including Automotive, Medical, Health, Transportation and Manufacturing.
- Utilise and help develop new technology to assist with capital allowances analyses
- Prepare capital allowances and wider fixed asset services proposals and high-level feasibility exercises to view the potential level of allowances available.
- Review legal documentation (such as sale and purchase, leasehold and contribution agreements) and the tax legislation to clarify a company's entitlement to claim capital allowances.
- Investigate asset lives and business requirements to assist with viewing of allocating qualifying expenditure to the appropriate capital allowances pool.
- Review capital allowances reports prepared by the junior team in detailing the various categories of allowances identified.
- Research and respond to tax technical queries from the wider tax practice.
- Prepare technical updates to clients and the wider tax practice following changes to the capital allowances legislation.
- Draft and review technical responses to queries raised by HM Revenue & Customs into our client's claims.
- Maintain productive working relationship with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware with the ability to grow strong client relationships
- Good project management skills, capable of planning and prioritising work whilst meeting all deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically and willing to proactively suggest ideas.
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to create quality output.
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral.
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations.
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
To qualify for this role you must have:
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced Capital Allowance tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
If this role is of interest to you give me a call on 02072696337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org