Chinese Speaking Tax Specialist - In-House Real Estate
£60,000 + bonuses & benefits
Are you a recently/part-qualified ACA/CTA with demonstrable experience of international tax?
Seeking an advisory and transactions focused role in the asset management/real estate space?
Do you have Mandarin language skills and are keen to use these in your work?
We are currently searching for an internationally focused investment manager with a major footprint in real estate. In conjunction with the Legal, Investment and Operation team, you will provide quality and timely tax advisory services in relation to direct investments (during the acquisition, asset management and disposal phase of the investment cycle), to coordinate strategic tax initiatives for all investments across Europe, and to comply with the group tax policy and maintain an acceptable level of tax risk. Assisting the Tax Manager, the remit of your role will include:
- Providing tax advice and leading on M&A projects
- Managing the correspondence and potential disputes with the relevant tax authorities in conjunction with external advisers
- Coordinating the timely tax advice on enquires raised by other teams
- Liaising and communicating with relevant tax authorities or external tax advisors where necessary
- Evaluating tax risks, balancing risk with business objectives and making recommendations that are objective, practical and technically appropriate in support of business objectives
- Drafting required tax reports and communicating with HQ where necessary
- Managing the SPV's tax compliance issues
- Ensure tax filing and compliance requirements are met and in good order on a daily basis
- Fully or part-qualified ACA/CTA/ACCA/CPA/ICAS with Chinese language skills
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an internationally focused practice or in-house organisation
- Solid knowledge of corporate tax related issues
- International tax and transfer pricing experience, ideally deals focused
- Driven, enthusiastic and developmentally-focused
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Team collaboration focused and seeking the chance to take process ownership