Our client’s Claims & Incentives team is looking to expand with the appointment of Managers to be based in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen specialising in R&D Incentives. The team works with businesses from almost every sector of the economy to identify their qualifying R&D activities, quantify the level of eligible costs and ultimately agree their claims with HMRC.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
- Manage client claim projects and handle conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with the senior staff of clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and take part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Experience and Background
- Previous R&D tax experience would be preferred, further training would be provided
- Relevant degree in science and engineering would be a great asset to have
- Experience in a client-facing role would be preferred
Skills and Qualifications
- Part or fully qualified tax professional CA, CTA, ATT or other relevant tax/accounting background
- Competent in the use of MS Excel and the manipulation of big data
- Comfortable leading and project-managing delivery of projects and reporting to key internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to analyse tax legislation and apply these principles to real life scenarios and be comfortable documenting the filing position in written reports for clients and HMRC
- Experience with corporate tax is desired but not essential
These positions can be full-time, or part-time and flexible working arrangements can be accommodated.
To discuss in confidence please contact email@example.com or call 0131 603 8111 or 07494 280 152.