Commercial Accountant, 6 month FTC, Birmingham, Paying up to £30,000 per annum
Your new company
Hays is excited to be working with a law firm based in Central Birmingham which is close to public transport links. They employ over 850, each a specialist in their field.
Your new role
This is a key role within the Financial Reporting & Analysis ('FR&A') team that will provide insightful financial reporting, analysis and business partner support to our Business Units and Central teams and have a brand new opportunity for a Commercial Accountant to join the team. Key duties include:
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner in the FR&A team and Commercial Managers in the Business Units with financial analysis and reporting requirements relating to the business need; typical analysis would include:
- Fees and cost forecast preparation and actual variance analysis and interpretation
- WIP and debt analysis including recoverability, actual and forecast analysis
- Key client analysis including trends and profitability
- Assistance with pricing for bids and tenders
- The preparation of quarterly and annual benchmarking surveys
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner in the FR&A team in the supervision and development of two Finance Analysts within the team; this will include:
- Assisting in the allocation of workloads
- Reviewing work produced for accuracy, relevance, presentation and interpretation
- Providing guidance and development support
- Providing additional ad hoc financial analysis as required by the Business Unit leadership teams, partners and the Finance Business Partner and Commercial Finance Manager in the FR&A team; to include both the provision of data in a meaningful way and insightful interpretation
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you must be a qualified accountant with one of the following qualifications, ACA/ACCA/CIMA. You must be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role, preferably in the legal or professional services sector. You must have the ability to tailor reports to the end user and highlight and interpret key findings. You also must be competent in excel with the ability to handle large amounts of data accurately (e.g. pivot tables, Vlookups, index function). You must be able to work well as a team and have an enthusiastic and positive approach to your work.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive salary and will be working with a diverse and inclusive team who are always pushing themselves to be better than the day before. This role is a 6 month FTC and will have flexibility working from home and in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.