Corporate International Tax Assistant Manager - TOP 6
Top 6 firm - London
Corporate International Tax Assistant Manager
About Our Client
The Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across the firm to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients' evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you're after a career that will keep you on your toes, we'll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients.
You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice.
Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
* Provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
* Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
* Pays attention to self-development and continuing professional education with a view to progressing within practice.
* Develops professional relationships with clients and within the Firm and adapts the approach for the relevant audience.
* Understands potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm's quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
* Get involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
* Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
* Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
* Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
* Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
* Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
The Successful Applicant
* An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
* Project and staff management experience
* Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
* Experience of dealing with client senior management
* Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
* Demonstrable post qualified experience
What's on Offer
Hybrid working arrangements