Corporate Tax Adviser for Reading based Big 4 firm
Your new company
We are looking for an experienced tax professional to join our corporate tax team in Reading. Expand your skill set and take the opportunity to establish deep client relationships and build your client portfolio with some of the largest and most influential companies. Joining our team will allow you to expand your tax advisory skills, due to the breadth and variety of work we can offer and our dynamic client base. The Reading Corporate Tax team is over 100 strong and covers a wide range of disciplines including transfer pricing, mergers and acquisitions and private client services allowing us to serve a large range of clients across the multi-national and privately-owned markets.
Your new role
Our Consultants take the lead on delivering key parts of our client services. As a Consultant you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients. We take individual development very seriously and as well as the opportunity to work on a range of diverse and challenging clients with direct interaction with the partners and directors in the team, you will also receive continuous on the job training. Our performance management process is structured, transparent and interactive, ensuring you receive ongoing supportive feedback to help you achieve your goals. You will be a confident team member and responsibilities will include:
- Ownership and development of existing UK and international client relationships and cultivation of new relationships
- Support senior team members and subject matter specialists in communication, marketing and delivery of a range of advisory services to clients
- Development of the technical and operational skill set of junior team members
- Managing and overseeing compliance and advisory projects, with regards to managing client and statutory deadlines, billing requirements and delegating effectively to your team
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
What you'll need to succeed
* Current or past experience in a practice firm
* ICAEW or CTA qualifications
* Strong communication skills - both written and oral
* Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
* Strong client engagement experience
* Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
* Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
* Drive and spirit to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a positive approach to personal development
* Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
* Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
* Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
* Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.