General Corporate Tax Advisory Manager for Top 4 Firm based Birmingham
Your new company
General Corporate Tax Advisory Manager required by a Top 4 Accountancy Firm in Birmingham to focus on advising clients in their Public Sector/Not for Profit Division. This team advises Universities, Housing Associations (running as commercial enterprises), NHS, enterprise arms of Local Authorities (the more commercial aspects) and Charities. This Firm is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services ensuring they can cover all their clients' critical challenges. This Midlands Regional tax team is a fast-growing part of this Firm's tax practice and requires a Tax Manager who is seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership management team.
Your new role
As the Tax Manager you will be a member of the client service team, providing predominantly corporate tax advisory services.
Key duties will be:-
- Providing tax advisory services and managing successful delivery of commercially viable & technical advice involving due diligence, structuring, international work.
- Reviewing a small amount of corporate tax computations.
- Liaising with other specialist teams within the Firm to ensure deliver of service.
- Ensuring clients are updated on developments that affect their businesses.
- Helping prepare proposals for new work, including research on target and client companies.
- Seeking out and pursuing business development opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Corporate Tax Manager will be ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge. With strong communication skills, team player with the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues, know when to involve others and a practical approach to problem solving.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work within a positive and committed team that offers varied work schedules to suit individual needs. Excellent salary and benefits package available along with long-term and ongoing career options.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.