An excellent opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified tax professional to join our client’s Liverpool office in the role of Corporate Tax Assistant Manager. Working closely with the tax team based in Liverpool the role will involve providing tax advisory services to some of Merseyside’s most recognisable businesses.
This is a wide-ranging and interesting role which involves working on local, national and international clients. This would be an ideal role for someone looking to accelerate their development in a Big 4 firm – from a background in HMRC or a smaller firm environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will have responsibility for providing corporate tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients. Responsibilities include:
Tax Compliance and Planning:
- Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work
- Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
- Reviewing corporation tax computations and advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
- Co-ordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
- Being the principal contact with clients on day to day tax matters and working with senior managers and managers on larger clients
- Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on their client portfolio and working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
- Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other services provided by the firm
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
- Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in the audit and accounting discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
- Carrying out tax audits in accordance with terms of reference agreed with the audit team and advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
- Keeping technical knowledge up to date
- Ensuring fees are raised regularly and identifying situations where overruns can be billed and
- Assisting with business development work.
Skills and qualifications required:
- CTA, CA, ACA or ACCA or HMRC qualified
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- History of developing strong client relationships
- Project co-ordination/management skills and the ability to identify and pursue business opportunities
- Strong inter-personal skills
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically and a continuous desire to seek feedback and improve.
What’s on offer:
This firm offers a competitive, benchmarked basic salary, annual bonus, generous employer pension contribution, private health insurance and life assurance, excellent holidays including additional holidays at Xmas/birthdays plus flexible benefits you can choose to suit your lifestyle where contributions are taken at payroll.
To discuss in confidence please contact email@example.com or call 0161 503 0035.