Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Hertfordshire
up to £55,000 + bonus + benefits
My client delivers bespoke support and solutions to cover the diversity and varied goals of their owner-managed businesses. By offering such an extensive range of services, they provide the right service that suits their clients business.
- Liaising with the audit team to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information
- Preparing and submitting accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations and returns
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team prior to submission to HMRC
- Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date
- Assisting with client setup - ensuring money laundering checks, professional clearance, engagement letters and client set up procedures are implemented
- Sending out computations and returns for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time
- Sending payment reminders to clients prior to when any liabilities are due
- Prepare and communicate quarterly instalments to clients
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently and supporting the audit and accounting team with their technical queries
- Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance including drafting HMRC responses to enquiries and penalty appeals
- Oversee certificate of residence applications and ensure that treaty claims are correctly completed and authorised by HMRC
- Assist managers and partners with tax advisory projects including EIS and SEIS advance assurance applications, HMRC clearance applications and company valuations
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge and being responsible for your personal development
What are they looking for?
- Previous experience of corporate tax compliance services in a medium size practice with international client exposure Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget
- Significant experience of overseeing a client compliance cycle and ensuring deadlines are met on a timely basis
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
- Ideally proficient in CCH, Caseware and Microsoft Office including Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity to work directly with Partners and Senior Managers in the team with incredible opportunities to progress and develop your skills. This would be the perfect opportunity for a Corporate Tax Senior looking for a step up with the opportunity to get involved in more advisory work.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.