Who we are looking for
CCS provides a range of compliance services to its corporate clients, preparing accounting and tax returns that help them to meet their statutory obligations. The business currently employs approximately 250 people across a number of locations in the UK and has a number of exciting and immediate opportunities for a Manager to work within CCS CT, its Corporate Tax Compliance team based in Manchester.
CCS CT currently has a number of locations across the UK providing specialist tax compliance services to several thousand UK companies. Our business continues to grow and this is an exciting opportunity to help build on the success within the team. Clients are at the heart of the service we provide and you will have a great deal of client contact, assisting them with their queries and identifying ways in which we can introduce improvements to the services that we provide to them.
Our clients range from multinationals to smaller mid tier clients across a wide range of industry sectors, providing you with opportunities to broaden your technical knowledge
Working alongside other compliance and relationship managers, you will manage a range of activities that together will result in high quality service for the clients in your portfolio including:
- Up-front scoping and engagement planning with clients
- Organisation of data collection approach
- Review and submission of tax accounting schedules
- Review and ultimate submission of corporation tax returns
- Opportunity spotting for related PwC services and helping clients to manage their tax risk.
- You will be expected to have a high level of client contact in this role and will, of course, be expected to organise, monitor and manage your own work load.
- Budget management/monitoring and assist in the development of other staff as required.
In the role you will become involved in the running of the business in order to contribute to the growth and profitability of the business team. This will include continual development and involvement in the risk procedures for the business.
The successful candidate will possess initiative and enthusiasm and will show the ability to work in and contribute to the team and will possess the personal skills needed to form successful relationships. The successful candidate will have the majority of the following skills and experience:
- Be ACA or CTA qualified (ideally through first time passes).
- Strong UK corporate tax skills.
- UK GAAP and IFRS tax accounting experience
- Has a highly developed client service ethos and can adopt a flexible approach to meeting client needs.
- Be able to establish, build and maintain a good working relationship with key decision makers, including partners and senior client personnel.
- Have the ability to help manage and build new business through referrals, networking and spotting client opportunities.
- Be an effective delegator, strong at coaching junior staff.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a growing business that offers exposure to an unrivalled range of clients and specialist tax areas. We offer a competitive salary and a wide range of flexible benefits.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity