This role can be based through either our Nottingham or Leicester offices
To provide corporate tax compliance services as part of a specialist team to a portfolio of clients that has a strong focus on privately owned businesses. Given the nature of these businesses, the role will centre around building strong client relationships and be able to react to changes in both the local and national marketplace.
To assist in the people management and development of the junior members of the team, including encouraging team members to build rapport and have direct communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs and challenges they face.
To identify Advisory services which can be provided to clients, which directly links to having a deep understanding of a client’s objectives and being able to apply sound technical knowledge to each stage of a client’s lifecycle.
To help the team grow gross revenues and increase market share by differentiating our services, and by making the most of the external and internal market opportunities.
To help us improve margins by adopting best practice processes, planning, use of technology and continuous process improvement - the Specialist Corporate Tax Assurance team applies best practice processes and technology in order to provide bespoke, flexible and efficient corporation tax compliance and reporting services to clients and is challenged to ensure work is completed profitably.
Manage a portfolio of companies. This will include:
- Liaising with the client and the audit and accounting teams to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information;
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by junior members of the team;
- Reviewing current and deferred tax calculations (including listed companies, under IFRS, and under FRS102) using Alphatax and producing accounts disclosures including consolidated tax notes;
- Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date;
- Ensuring computations and returns are sent out for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time;
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently;
- Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date;
- Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes;
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance;
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
Manage a team of people. This will include:
- Being responsible for their personal development;
- Providing constructive feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Assisting managers and partners of Tax Advisory with identifying specific advisory issues to consider e.g. R&D claims, capital allowances claims, internationally mobile employees, transfer pricing projects etc.
- You will report to the local client relationship partner and work closely with team members to provide a proactive tax service to our clients.
- ACA and/or CTA
- Experience of corporate tax compliance services with a commitment to build a career in this business and wishing to progress to Manager quickly;
- Demonstrate broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience;
- Able to build good client relationships;
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team
- Great team player - experience of working as part of a team;
- Willingness to develop leadership skills;
- Interested in technology including robotics, analytics, data mining, data management;
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, and adjusting the approach to compliance work depending on the budget;
- Significant experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Some experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines;
- Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team;
- Ideally proficient in Alphatax;