Top 40 accountancy firm with an excellent reputation looking to recruit a CT manager. Based NW London.
Your new company
A well established Top 40 accountancy firm with an excellent reputation are looking to recruit a corporate tax manager for their NW London office.
Your new role
To manage a portfolio of small to medium sized clients, companies, partnerships, sole traders and directors assisted by trainees and with support from other managers in the team.
Main duties will revolve around compliance work and will include the following:-
* Reviewing for accounts provision, finalising and submitting company tax returns
* Reviewing / preparing income tax computations and returns for sole traders and partnerships
* Reviewing / preparing personal tax returns
* Reviewing / preparing forms P11d, CIS returns, ERS returns and PSAs
* Generally managing the compliance process and dealing with client communications and responding to ad hoc queries as appropriate
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries on factual matters relating to tax returns
* Development and training of junior staff
As the role develops the candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in tax planning and advice to clients on his / her portfolio working with senior manager, director or tax partner.
Preparation of returns and computations is wholly computerised and the successful candidate will be expected to become fully conversant with Alphatax and CCH Personal Tax as well as standard packages such as word and excel.
What you'll need to succeed
Preference will be given to candidates who hold the CTA qualification. The successful candidate will be expected to work without the need for constant supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients' affairs whilst operating within the firms prescribed risk management framework. The person will also be expected to take responsibility for monitoring their own time and budgets. A willingness to grow and develop in technical and management skills. Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.