Corporate Tax Manager job with Big 4 firm in Cambridge
Hays are recruiting a Corporate Tax Manager for their client, a Big 4 firm in Cambridge. Working for this firm will see you working with businesses from many sectors, from fascinating life science and tech businesses, to media and sports cars. Their strong growth and work with fast-growth businesses, will offer you a uniquely valuable platform for your career.
You will join a team of business tax professionals helping businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, you will work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies. The team prides itself in flexibility of working - whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
As an experienced business tax advisory professional, you'll help clients through the trials of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. You'll work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business focused approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
To be successful you will be an
- Experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in corporate tax
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
In reward you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, option to work from home and flexible hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Cara Whyte at Hays on 07502377206