Leading insurance business is looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Manager for its team. Newly created role.
Your new role
The in-house Tax Department consists of specialists across a range of tax disciplines and work together to manage the groups approach to tax and tax risk. The Tax Department covers most areas of taxation, with particular focus on Corporate, International, Partnership, Employment taxes and Indirect taxes.
Due to the expanding business, increased tax complexities and reporting obligations the business is now seeking to recruit a Corporate Tax Manager to join the other four members of the team.
The newly created role will report to the Co-Head of Tax and have support from the Tax Accountant. The Tax Accountant's role is to support the entire tax team, however, primary support is given to the Corporate Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Manager.
Overall responsibility for Group Tax Reporting and UK Corporation Tax compliance including, but not limited to the following:
- Group Tax accounting & working closely with Finance teams in respect of; controlling of tax ledgers, tax reconciliations, tax journals
- Internal and external tax reporting; Current and Deferred tax calculations under FRS102/US GAAP
- Statutory tax notes disclosures for UK companies under FRS102
- Main point of contact with external auditors & US colleagues in respect of tax reporting
- Prepare tax forecasts & budgets for the Group 5 year plan
- Review of UK tax computations and returns prepared by the Tax Accountant
- Management of timely submission of UK corporate returns to HMRC
- Maintaining good relationship with HMRC through interaction with CCM on relevant matters
- Management and review of UK Payments on Account, Group Payment Arrangements
- Review of Country by Country Report prepared by the Tax Accountant
- Identify and develop improvements to the following processes through use of systems/technology and documenting processes/controls; UK corporation tax compliance, quarterly group tax accounting, tax forecasting/budgeting, country by country report
- Oversee non-UK direct tax compliance (mainly in Europe) and support with international tax matters, as required
- Management of SAO documentation and reporting
- Management of Corporate Criminal Offence documentation and reporting, including enhancing where appropriate
- Support the Co-Heads of Tax in other direct tax matters, as appropriate and by way of example:
- Assistance with transfer pricing issues, anti-hybrid rules and corporate loss restriction
- Assistance with UK partnership tax issues
What you'll need to succeed
Candidate Profile As the Corporate Tax Manager you will be;
- CTA/ACA/ACCA Qualified
- At least 4 years PQE
- In-house industry experience is essential
- Experience in co-ordinating systems and processes with respect to tax reporting
- Experience in financial services
- Advanced Excel/IT/software skills and interest in tax technology/digitalisation
- Knowledge of One Source corporation tax software would be helpful
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.