The Manager will be responsible for the EMEA tax compliance, transfer pricing and local country tax advice, supporting the Senior Manager. This will include managing the external outsourced tax compliance provider across EMEA and liaising directly with the local controllers and finance heads in each market. It will also working with the external outsourced provider of transfer pricing documentation for the EMEA region including review and finalisation of that documentation with local teams. They will also be required to manage, support and develop other members of the team to achieve goals. From time to time they will also be required to be involved in and manage ad-hoc projects.
This role will require a highly motivated tax professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills who wishes to pursue a career in a growing global organisation.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
Direct Tax Compliance and advisory
- Undertake the day to day management of the tax compliance processes across EMEA, resolving issues and co-ordinating/managing across the team and with the EMEA controllers and outsource providers and advisers.
- Create relationships with the local Finance leaders and Controllers to be able to understand local business operations and changes, provide relevant and accurate tax advice and support direct reports in doing the same.
- Oversee the team to manage processes and timelines to ensure appropriate documentation is prepared across EMEA to meet US and group tax compliance requirements on a timely basis.
- Provide support to the rest of the team, in particular junior members on matters or in territories which are particularly complex.
- Pro-actively provide and implement ideas in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures.
- Where required support and assist members of the EMEA Controversy team with tax authority enquiries and audits across EMEA.
- Responsible for working with external advisers and local controllers on the preparation and review of Local Country Transfer Pricing Documentation and supporting more junior members of the team to do the same.
- Support the groups Country By Country Reporting (CBCR) output in liaison with US Tax team and support the team to facilitate local country EMEA CBCR notifications
- Review and monitor all EMEA wide intercompany arrangements and transfer pricing suggesting improvements and changes to align to business changes
- Provide overview and review as appropriate of annual transfer pricing and other calculations performed by Shared Accounting and Controllership teams
- Manage the collation and storage intercompany agreements and provide support for all intercompany recharges as required by local markets
- Pro-actively manage relationships with local finance controllers and finance heads and also liaise with Shared Service Centre accounting team ensuring tax support to the local entities on issues which may arise
- Identify and support local planning initiatives to manage risks and maximise opportunities, in conjunction with senior manager, conducting research and working with advisors where necessary.
- Monitor tax legislation updates across EMEA, highlighting issues to local teams and senior manager as appropriate.
- Support the EMEA and US tax teams and the wider Finance and Controllership teams on any ad-hoc tasks and advisory projects
The Experience We Require From You:
- Qualified ACA (and CTA a plus)
- Significant tax compliance experience
- Experience of working in a multinational and media sector a plus
- Significant tax compliance experience, experience of overseas tax regimes an advantage
- Good communication skills being able to communicate tax technical issues easily to non-tax professionals
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel