Corporate Tax Manager/Assistant Manager
Our client is a highly successful Big 4 firm, whose North Regional tax team is a fast-growing part of the national tax practice. The firm are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership management team. The marketplace is diverse with a client and target base of UK listed, PE backed, inbound and family owned groups.
The successful tax candidate will be a self-starter with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace. This opportunity is based out of the Leeds City Centre office
The role involves a mix of tax advisory services, compliance management and business development. This will include:
- Managing client relationships and becoming the focal tax point of contact
- Understanding the client's business and identifying areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Driving the tax advice on a wide range of projects
- Managing teams and coaching and developing staff
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas. Large Corporate tax and/or international tax experience would be an advantage but is not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional team
- Strong task and team management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Good computational and excel skills
- Good technology skills
What's on offer
As well as a highly competitive salary and cash benefits, the firm recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. The firm are proud to offer colleagues a range of flexible working options and believe in putting you at the centre of your career, offering the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. Benefits include a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday.
To discuss in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 503 0035.
Rutherford Cross is a specialist tax and treasury recruiter serving organisations in the North West of England and Scotland. To discuss the opportunities in our portfolio or for confidential advice on your next career move please contact email@example.com (North West) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Scotland)