Tax Service Line Overview
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple areas of sector jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
To be responsible for a portfolio of clients and build relationships with those clients for which you are the client relationship tax manager for, ensuring the client receives a bespoke tax service which is delivered efficiently and effectively.
To help the Leeds office tax offering grow for our Privately Owned Businesses by building relationships with our clients, adopting best practice processes, use of technology and continuous process improvement and by developing our people.
To help the team and the wider office grow through getting involved with business development initiatives. This will range from getting involved in pitch and proposal opportunities to getting involved in wider initiatives with intermediaries and other service lines.
Role & Responsibilities
The role of the tax manager will include:
- Building relationships with a portfolio of clients in our Privately Owned Business sector
- Reviewing and approving corporation tax computations and tax accounting, as well as undertaking some tax assurance reviews.
- Negotiating and raising fees and being responsible for WIP management on your portfolio of clients.
- Proactively talking to clients about tax opportunities which may be relevant to them, and working with the tax partners, and wider tax team to deliver on such work.
- Liaising with colleagues in different service lines and getting involved in office wide initiatives.
- Getting involved in proposals for new business and attending pitch presentations.
- Developing the wider team, through technical excellence, soft skill development and on the job training. This will include appraising more junior members of the team including objective setting and having the ability to encourage and foster development of the team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- ACA and/or CTA (or qualified by experience)
- Ability to build excellent client relationship skills
- Ability to build excellent relationships with members of the team.
- Extensive experience of working with a portfolio of clients to deliver on annual corporation tax reporting requirements
- Demonstrate broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience;
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, delivering on budgets and negotiating fees with clients.
- Ability to work within deadlines and deliver on agreed timescales
- Experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients (and ideally across other service lines)
- Broad experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team,
- Willingness to develop leadership skills
- Ideally proficient in Alphatax.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age, and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications, and experience.