Corporate Tax Senior or Assistant Manager in Cambridge with Big 4 firm
Hays are recruiting a Corporate Tax Senior for their client, a Big 4 firm in Cambridge. Our client's Corporate Tax team help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Working in the middle markets tax space you will help your portfolio of clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. You will work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Grow relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively focusing on existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Focus on the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Coach and develop our teams
- Provide full tax services to a client portfolio
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Ability to grow effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Experience of advising on both compliance and advisory work, experience of issues including CFCs, loss relief, reorganisations, patent box, BEPs and international tax issues
- Up to date knowledge of changes in the tax environment (BEPS, CBCR etc)
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Experience in tax accounting/tax audit
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. A comprehensive rewards package including support for flexible working and career development, as well as benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more information