Corporate Tax Assistant Manager - Hertfordshire
Up to £53,000 + bonus + flexible working
My client based in Hertfordshire is looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Senior to join the successful and growing team.
The Corporate Tax team has been identified as a pro-active growth area for the next 2 years - making this a fantastic time to join.
This opportunity will involve reviewing compliance and providing advice to a range of medium to large companies, some with an international element.
- Liaising with the audit team to organise year end site visits, reporting deadlines and being efficient in the provision of information
- Preparing and submitting accurate and technically correct corporation tax computations and returns
- Reviewing tax computations prepared by the audit and accounts team prior to submission to HMRC
- Ensuring compliance status tracker is kept up to date
- Assisting with client setup - ensuring money laundering checks, professional clearance, engagement letters and client set up procedures are implemented
- Sending out computations and returns for signature, and ensuring they are submitted on time
- Sending payment reminders to clients prior to when any liabilities are due
- Prepare and communicate quarterly instalments to clients
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently and supporting the audit and accounting team with their technical queries
- Ensure files are of an appropriate standard for QCR purposes
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues relating to corporate tax compliance including drafting HMRC responses to enquiries and penalty appeals
- Oversee certificate of residence applications and ensure that treaty claims are correctly completed and authorised by HMRC
- Assist managers and partners with tax advisory projects including EIS and SEIS advance assurance applications, HMRC clearance applications and company valuations
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge
I am looking to speak with individuals with Corporate Tax experience within an accountancy practice environment with a tax or accounting qualification (ideally).
If you are looking for fantastic career progression and an opportunity to join a family feel accountancy practice, please get in touch to discuss further.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.