An opportunity has arisen to join a Global firm in their Corporate Tax team working as a Senior Manager. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and premier league footballers. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons.
To make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the corporate tax offering of the office and firm by providing technical support and driving excellent client service on existing corporate clients.
In addition, to support the partners by taking an active role in business development, including international network referrals and targeting larger corporates, as well as being involved in proposals and other networking and client care events. To be a role model for the team and take an active interest in their professional development.
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage work efficiently and proactively
- To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to quality standards
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients
- To be actively involved in the office business development activities
- To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made
Personal and professional qualities:
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development
- Attend staff meetings and training as required
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner
- Very good standard of education
- Appropriate professional qualification CTA, ACA, ACCA
- Significant previous experience operating at Manager or a similar role is required, or demonstration of the skill set required to undertake the role
- Proven experience in proactive client handling and project management
- Proven experience in producing high quality, technically accurate work within budget International tax experience desirable