A BIG 4 firm has an immediate need for an experienced Manager to join their fast-growing Insurance practice in central London. Individuals can come from either a professional services or industry background with strong corporate tax experience, and not necessarily from the insurance or financial services sector.
Why a career in Insurance tax?
You will be working with the biggest names in the insurance industry, including the Lloyds of London market, life and health insurers, commercial and private insurance providers and brokers, supporting UK companies as well as large international and medium sized businesses.
Involved in all aspects of insurance taxation, you will develop your knowledge and experience within the industry as well as being exposed to the wider areas of tax within the business including Finance and Treasury, M&A and International.
(include but are not limited to)
- Execution of audits for large listed insurance companies through to smaller clients to ensure compliance
- Use of tax software for preparation and submission of HMRC tax returns
- Develop and lead client relationships at various levels, providing tax support as required
- Knowledge of existing insurance tax legislation, and following new relevant policies in the industry
- Working with clients to understand the business processes and mechanisms for calculations of tax
- Management of own team members supporting their training and development
- Contribute to the management and leadership of the wider Insurance Corporate Tax team
- Work closely with the wider insurance practice outside tax and assist with business development
The team is looking for a bright tax minded individual, who wants to broaden their knowledge and build their skills within the insurance tax sector. As well as a drive to develop and progress within a market leading team. The best person for the role will have the following:
- A good knowledge of the UK corporate tax
- Strong written and oral communication skills to enable effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage teams and drive projects forward
- ACA/ATT/CTA qualification or equivalent.
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking to step up into a Senior Manager role, supporting Directors and Partners within the team.
If this role appeals to you or someone in your network, please contact me.
If this role isn't quite what you were looking for, and you would like to have an informal chat about other opportunities on the market, please do get in touch.