Corporate Tax Senior, Top 10 National Firm – Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds
£34,000 - £38,000 + pension + benefits
This leading national Top 10 Firm, with offices throughout the UK and North West, has an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified (0-2 years) chartered accountant/tax advisor to join their regional head office team in Manchester. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who has trained with a small firm and is looking for more complex work experience; or a Big 4 trained accountant looking for more client contact than their current role allows.
Reporting to the Tax Director, and working in a team led by three Tax Partners, the new Corporate Tax Senior can expect to work immediately on a busy, interesting portfolio of clients providing both compliance and advisory tax services. The client base is varied and crosses multiple private and public sector type organisations including large privately owned companies, government funded organisations and professional services firms/partnerships.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
· Maintaining a portfolio of clients, ensuring tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines
· Reviewing draft tax computations to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required
· Identifying and resolving technical issues, preparing technical analysis
· Identifying opportunities to identify additional tax advisory services for clients
· Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and colleagues
Key attributes and skills required:
You will be ACA/ACCA/CTA/ATT qualified with excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to prioritise workload unsupervised.
Experience and Background
· Experience of review of corporate tax computations and returns
· Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate
· Strong interpersonal, teamwork and organisational skills including monitoring timetable and deadlines
To discuss in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 503 0035.
Rutherford Cross is a specialist tax and treasury recruiter servicing organisations in Scotland and the North West of England. To discuss the opportunities in our portfolio or for confidential advice on your next career move please contact email@example.com (Manchester & NW) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Scotland)