Our client, a large medical devices company, is seeking a Tax Specialist to join their in-house tax team. The Tax Specialist will cover all taxes and will have a focus on tax compliance and reporting, with opportunities to be involved in advisory aspects. The position involves working closely and in collaboration with the businesses and the accounting services and tax functions both locally and globally.
- Support the management of the direct and indirect tax compliance processes (mainly corporation tax and VAT)
- Support the oversight of the group and statutory accounts reporting processes as it relates to tax, which are undertaken by the accounting shared services centre.
- Assist the team in managing the relationship with tax authorities, and dealing with any tax enquiries queries that arise.
- Implement effective controls and procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Research and document tax technical points.
- Assist on various ad-hoc tasks, projects and transactions.
- Support the implementation of Global tax policies, including transfer pricing.
- Experience in a multinational company either in a tax function or finance areas with exposure to taxes, or from an accounting and tax services advisory firm.
- Professional qualification in accounting or tax.
- Good understanding of UK taxes (mainly corporation tax and VAT).
- Experience in transfer pricing, UK R&D and Irish taxes an advantage.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Office, SAP and Google applications
- Ability to articulate tax concepts and requirements to colleagues outside of tax.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.