Global bank with excellent reputation is now recruiting a newly quali' tax specialist to focus on Bank Levy.
Your new company
This banking giant with an excellent reputation is looking to recruit a newly qualified tax specialist to deal with Bank Levy.
The role exists within the UK direct tax compliance team to take on ownership of the Bank Levy and Capital Attribution Tax Adjustment (CATA) processes for the UK group. The UK direct tax compliance team, amongst other things, are responsible for the monthly tax provisioning process, the tax provision and disclosures for the UK company's statutory accounts, and the reporting and payment obligations to HM Revenue & Customs (tax returns, payments and responding to HMRC audits). The Bank Levy and CATA calculations have a significant impact on these processes.
Your new role
The successful applicant's core responsibility will be for the Bank Levy and CATA calculations for the UK group which includes, amongst other things, the following:
- Bank Levy
- responsible for the month end process, including:
- calculation of monthly provision and advising on amounts to post
- analysis of the balance sheet position by entity and line of business
- certification and substantiation of general ledger balances
- preparation of the computation on a quarterly basis for forecasting purposes - preparation of the year end Bank Levy return for submission to HMRC, and responding to any HMRC queries - calculation of the quarterly instalment payments - liaison with the Treasury and Finance departments on a regular basis as part of a working group, providing the UK tax technical input as required
- preparation of the calculation on a quarterly basis - preparation of the year end calculation for inclusion in the Corporation Tax Returns
- Tax balance sheet
- preparation of the branch balance sheet for tax purposes for consistent use across the Bank Levy, CATA and Corporation Tax calculations
- Ad hoc corporate tax issues as required
What you'll need to succeed
- A newly qualified professional with a recognised accounting and/or tax qualification
- A self-motivated team player who is able to prioritise and work to demanding deadlines
- A knowledge of the UK corporation tax regime with strong tax accounting skills
- An individual focussed on operating within and enhancing the existing tax risk and control framework
- Experience of working in a tax department of a US investment bank an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent research, analytical and reasoning skills
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in a meritocratic, progressive organisation that prides itself on the development of its staff.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.