This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a household brand name in completion of assorted Customs & Excise declarations and assisting the business to ensure it is legally compliant with Customs & Excise regulations.
- Ensure relevant Customs & Excise HMRC returns are met
- Monitor HMRC deferment account and associated guarantee levels Provide support to the team on difficult HTS code classifications (using GIR's)
- Present Customs & Excise training to internal colleagues, explaining and engaging
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation
- Spot opportunities, define solutions and create a clear action plan
- Support the Customs & Excise manager during audits and ad-hoc investigations
- Support with the development, design and implementation of internal controls
- Deputise for the Customs & Excise Manager as and when required
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects Customs & Excise regulations & processes
- Practical understanding of the Customs and Excise role within wider Tax implications
- Demonstrable industry and technical experience in both Customs & Excise duty
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.