Customs Assistant Manager/Manager required by UK Accountancy Firm their Birmingham or Nottingham office.
Your new company
This UK Accountancy Firm is looking for a Customs Assistant Manager/Manager to sit within their Indirect Tax team based either in Birmingham or Nottingham. This is a thriving and dynamic Tax team servicing a diverse client base across the Country and Worldwide, providing expertise an all areas of tax.
Your new role
As the Customs Assistant Manager/Manager you will be joining a dynamic and growing team, covering the UK and working closely with the Firm's wider EU and global network. You will be providing customs compliance and advisory services with a mix of traditional customs advisory work, customs projects including customs systems and Brexit related work.
- Technical compliance such as classification, origin & valuation
- Customs declaration procedure
- Supply chain optimisation - being a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner.
- Take full responsibility for project delivery
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Director/Principal/Partner
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Manager/Partner meetings and by attendance at social functions
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Customs Manager will ideally have a Freight Forwarding or Logistics background from within Industry or HMRC, with exposure to import, export submitting to HMRC. Have excellent communication skills as you will be participating in bids/proposals for new work and acting as a liaison between the client and other services within the Firm. Have strong customs technical experience to deliver results for clients as well as supporting and supervising less experienced staff within the Firm
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a Firm in a role that gives opportunity to grow within an entrepreneurial environment, using your own initiative to delivery results to clients. Ongoing training is provided to support your growth and being a key member of the management team. The Firm offers excellent salary and benefits package along with flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.