One of the world's largest energy companies is looking to hire a Direct Tax Advisor into their team, to be based in Central London. This position reports into the Tax Advisory Manager and is responsible for supporting on international transactions, structuring and cross-border transactions.
The responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Primary direct tax advisor for internationally focused business unit
- Assisting with enquiries from management and the businesses regarding the tax implications of UK and cross-border transactions and structures;
- Working with stakeholders to understand commercial strategy to ensure early identification of new corporation tax risks and development of ideas for minimisation of corporation tax costs;
- Reviewing contractual documentation to identify and mitigate tax risks;
- Assist in handling direct tax audits;
- Assist in preparing in-house position on certain types of transactions and treatment of local/international legislation;
- Monitoring developments in local direct tax legislation and in important international initiatives
- Assisting the Tax Advisory Manager on projects and activities as required.
If you are a qualified tax professional with at least 2 years PQE, and are looking to step into a commercially focused role for a global business then please apply below or get in touch for a confidential conversation.