Our client is seeking a Direct Tax Analyst to join the Germany / Austria / Switzerland tax advisory team in Munich. This is an exciting opportunity to work with high level of collegiality and independence, supporting our client's Retail, Operations and all other business lines expanding further in the DACH region. A large proportion of time will be spent supporting the growing business, but there will be full engagement in cross border advisory projects across the EU. Business partnering and support will be an essential part of the role.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Advising, coordinating and problem-solving across a multi-functional team, including legal, accounting, payroll and business teams like business expansion.
- Supporting international tax controversy teams on tax audits. Researching and documenting direct tax issues, including coordination with external advisors and support presentations of tax impacts.
- Reviewing new business initiatives and scoping any effect on existing processes and systems.
- Investigating and responding to internal and external information requests.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete multiple concurrent projects at the same time; react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick response; and solve problems that affect people within the group or other related groups.
- Demonstrable advisory experience in a large accounting/consultancy practice, law firm, tax authority or business in-house.
- Proficiency in English and German language.
- Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experienced in German tax legislation.
- Recognised professional tax qualification is desirable but not essential. Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and systems.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities.