The Tax Team are managed by the Tax Director who reports directly into the CFO and leads a high profile tax function. The Group operates in a wide number of international locations and the Tax Team works closely with the business to manage the Group's tax affairs.
This role will be primarily responsible for assisting the Tax Team with all aspects of the Direct tax compliance and reporting for the Group. You will work closely with Group Finance, Group Reporting and other key stakeholders in the business, as well as Finance teams in the Group's overseas jurisdictions.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Assistance with the delivery of tax compliance, reporting and budgetary requirements on a timely basis
- Building strong relationships with tax advisors and revenue authorities, including the resolution of tax authority enquiries in the UK and overseas
- Preparation of tax calculations for external reporting and supporting the Direct Tax effective tax rate management strategy.
- Preparation of tax disclosures for local financial statement reporting
- Preparation of UK tax returns
- Preparation of P11Ds, PSAs and other employment tax requirements as well as assistance on global mobility issues
- Proactively identifying tax risks and tax saving opportunities within the group
- Assistance with tax governance workstreams
- Assistance with the preparation of advice for stakeholders in the business and ensuring all advice is implemented correctly and in line with the Tax team strategy
- Assistance with Group employment tax matters, including annual tax filing requirements in the UK and Ireland
- Identifying and managing local tax issues including:
- Proactively promoting of awareness of tax issues across the group and building relationships with key stakeholders in all jurisdictions to achieve that goal;
- Assisting with all Finance, HR, Legal and managed payroll service team queries
- Ensuring a close working relationship with HR to ensure the Group's employment tax and social security obligations are met, including the identification and implementation of employment tax policies and procedures
The ideal candidate:
* Qualified accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor. Post Qualification Experience working in tax would be an advantage.
* Strong understanding of UK tax legislation
* Understanding of general accounting principles and good commercial awareness essential