As part of a great tax team, this is a broad position which is primarily responsible for supporting the Tax Manager with corporate tax accounting, reporting and compliance obligations of the Group. The role is also expected to offer support on employment tax matters. This role requires an individual with a strong background in UK corporate tax and tax accounting with experience of working in a multinational or professional services environment. In addition, employment tax or project-based experience will also be well regarded.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Tax Manager with managing the outsourced corporation tax compliance (e.g. corporate tax returns, withholding tax returns, group payment arrangements, technical papers to support filing positions) of the Group
- Assisting with tax accounting on a monthly basis and working with finance teams to ensure tax is correctly disclosed in the Group IFRS statutory accounts and in the subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- Assisting with tax management reporting activities including Effective Tax Rate, cash taxes, deferred taxes, balance sheet reconciliations
- Working with finance teams across the Group and external advisors to drive the corporate tax compliance process and provision of information required to prepare corporate tax computations and returns.
- Assisting the Tax Manager in responding to any enquiries raised by the tax authorities
- Assisting with calculation of liabilities under the PAYE settlement agreement as well as support on various other employment tax matters
- Ensuring that the Senior Accounting Officer requirements are met on a quarterly basis
- Assisting the Tax Manager with monitoring changes to UK legislation and providing UK corporate tax advice
- Assisting with other areas of UK and international tax such as transfer pricing, treasury matters, controlled foreign companies and employment tax matters, as required Assisting the team with process improvement initiatives, including identification of opportunities and supporting new process/system change roll outs.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, with an eye for detail
- Strong corporate direct tax technical knowledge and practical experience of UK/international direct taxes and tax accounting
- A strong understanding of tax reporting under IFRS including IAS 12 concepts
- Ability to prepare tax computations and supporting expenses analyses from source documents such as financial statements, trial balances, general ledgers etc.
- Strong working knowledge of tax controls, systems and processes
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills