As a Direct Tax Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the overall compliance and integrity of the direct tax returns. A key part of the role is to support the Tax Lead in setting the direct tax strategy and policies for the business and you will be expected to provide advice to senior stakeholders on tax matters related to business activities. It is important for our leaders to be proactive in many areas including leadership, assignment management, people development as well as the training and coaching of people within the Tax team.
We see this role as an ideal opportunity for someone who has a balance of technical skills as well as advisory experience. We are looking for someone with the ability to take control of process, to drive development and improvement across a business that offers an exciting level of challenge on a regular basis.
What will you be doing?
- Review of direct tax returns prior to submission to the relevant tax authorities.
- Review the direct tax numbers and prepare the tax disclosure notes in accordance with IFRS for inclusion in the annual and interim financial statements.
- Monitor and mitigate direct tax risks by ensuring direct tax-related controls are operated correctly and are fit for purpose.
- Review and communicate legislative changes and case-law.
- Liaise with other functions e.g. Internal Audit, Property, People to identify and advise on new business and corporate initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to optimise the businesses tax position, ensuring that arrangements are managed and implemented in line with the Partnership tax strategy.
- Support the Tax Lead in the identification and development of the overall Tax Strategy and Tax Policies for the business.
- Communicate these policies to the business as required.
- Work to identify training gaps and communications requirements in relation to tax.
- Maintain good working relationships with external tax advisers and HMRC.
What You'll Have
- CTA or equivalent or ACA/ACCA with extensive corporate tax experience.
- Strong direct tax technical knowledge and solid understanding of tax accounting.
- Experience in leading, influencing and developing tax related processes.
- High level stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to influence and experience in driving tax related continuous improvement.