Outstanding in-house opportunity. Direct Tax Manager required for global organisation. Based Kings Cross.
Your new company
I'm working with a global organisation that is a leader in its field. With operations all around the world the
group provides tailored solutions to meet the needs of municipal, commercial and industrial customers in three
complementary sectors: waste, water and energy management.
They currently have a vacancy for a tax professional to work within the Direct Tax team, focusing on statutory
accounting and compliance along-side ad-hoc consultancy advisory for the UK and Ireland business.
Specific responsibilities include:
● Tax notes for statutory accounts purposes - IFRS, FRS101 & FRS102 and consolidated tax notes for UK
and Irish companies, including liaison with auditors to agree tax workings;
● IFRS Reporting to the European based parent on multiple occasions throughout the year including consolidated workings;
● Preparation of corporation tax returns for a large group of companies in the UK and Ireland, ensuring
that all tax returns are submitted on time and the correct amount of tax is paid to the tax authorities,
minimising at all times the group's exposure to interest and penalties;
● Assisting with calculating and processing UK CT payments on account within GPA.
● Liaison with HMRC on any and all direct tax matters;
● Assistance with ad-hoc project work - M&A/due diligence, disposals, CAs / R+D claims etc;
● Assistance with analysis and calculations for thin capitalisation, interest deductibility, transfer pricing and other BEPS matters;
● Provide day to day tax advice for the business units and Group, using professional advisors when
● The successful candidate will report into the Senior Tax Manager and be part of a team of eight. There
will also be opportunity to work directly with the UK and Ireland Tax Director on ad-hoc projects as
Experience and skills required:
● Accounting and/or CTA qualification required with 2+ years post-qualified UK corporation tax experience
sought from within practice or industry;
● Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
● Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation including non-financial management;
● A motivated and proactive self-starter who is able to prioritise and manage workloads and work to tight
deadlines, displaying a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
● Strong computer based skills - OneSource Corporation Tax experience would be an advantage;
● Irish corporation tax experience useful, but is not a prerequisite for the role.