To take a leading role in the Direct Tax compliance obligations for the UK and Ireland businesses including effective business support and project advisory work. To support the UK & Ireland Senior Tax Manager with the effective management and minimisation of local corporation tax risks.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Direct tax compliance reporting operations and activity for the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands including ensuring the accurate and timely submission of corporation tax returns
- Management and supervision of two tax juniors including provision of development support
- Support the UK and Ireland banners with the direct tax implications of business decisions and act as a trusted business partner for the local accounting and finance teams
- To identify and deliver improvements to direct tax processes and systems
- Managing responses to HMRC enquiries on direct taxes
- Anticipate and assess industry developments and legislation changes and advise the business accordingly
Key Business Relationships:
- Finance, Legal, HR, Property and IT teams.
- HMRC and external tax authorities
- External auditors and advisors
- The group tax team
- Tax teams of other Banners within the group