Director, Corporate Tax
Opportunity for a Corporate Tax Director to work in the Midlands South West Tax team based in the Cheltenham office. This is a full-time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross border special and project-based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be heavily involved in business development initiatives and working with the team and the audit partners to generate new work.
The role is diverse and will cover:
- Leading work on UK and cross border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners. Examples include:
- Group reorganisations
- Due Diligence
- International expansion
- Advice on financing arrangements
- Transfer pricing reviews
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients.
- Assistance with R&D reviews, capital allowances projects and other compliance related planning.
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts.
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP and IFRS accounting fundamentals and applications.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client.
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
You should be qualified ACA/CTA (or equivalent) with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, and audit and corporate finance colleagues whilst using your own initiative.
To discuss this Cheltenham Corporate Tax Director role, please get in touch.